01 October, 2009

Hey Hey it's Saturday

Last night I was mildly offended when discussing Hey Hey on Secondlife with a friend.

"Of course I didn't watch it, it's full of old farts" he said.

Old farts of course, have nothing to say, and should be executed before the age of thirty, like in "Logans' Run"

Being 43 myself I should have replied that If I had a choice to be eighteen again, I would take it, however the best I can hope for is that a certain religion is right about rebirth and I'll get a second or third or fourth go at it.

But I simply left, being too old and tired to argue.

I think I know why Hey Hey did well, and it goes something like this.

Years ago, Television was full of kids shows, and had programs for a much older audience, but very little was on offer for teens... Then ABC started Countdown, which of course, was very successful and filled in the gap brilliantly

Ever since then, television has catered more and more for that age bracket, and has left little for us X-ers and Baby Boomers.

Hey Hey was welcomed back with open arms by us oldies who grew up with the show.

Critics, slighted the show as something that doesn't offer anything deep and meaningful, but that's exactly why we like it.

Does anyone complain when they're down at the pub or at a BBQ with their mates that their friends aren't offering their neurons much to munch on?

You go because it's fun, plain and simple.

Hey Hey isn't always that funny or entertaining, but when it is, it's always a pleasure to be caught in the moment, most of us can remember the gems from the past that still make us chuckle.

I'm really glad you're back on TV fellas and girls, Cheers!

* Hey Hey it's Wednesday will be repeated on Saturday, just to confuse things further ;)

More on Wireless Fodder

Wolfie!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Howl back to the Wolf, Here: