31 October, 2008

My Mother

On the 31st of October 2006. I watched My beautiful Mother die in front of My eyes.

It was around 3:30 in the afternoon. Being Male I have the gift of forgetting dates, and the day Dad died has been forgotten, though I know it was around ANZAC Day.

Halloween is nothing I support being Australian, but now it sticks out like a sore thumb each year, as much as I'd like to forget, I can't.

The year before She died, She helped me through my cancer treatments, She kept vigil beside me... I blame myself for her demise as the kind of stress a Mother would feel, watching her child go through that, must have been extremely hard on her.

But I fought against the cancer so that She would not see me die, as so many of her family had been taken away from her, I would not die, I remained alive for her sake.

I would not have done this without her.

I love you Mum, and always will.

Your Son.

3 comments:

Howl back to the Wolf, Here: